Anette Prehn shares a three-step method – Framestorm – for how leaders can deliberately change their interpretations and perspectives and direct attention to what creates resourcefulness.
In the fast moving pressure cooker world of change projects, developing mental toughness, agility, and stamina is a key factor in successfully coping with the constant and unavoidable stress of leading change and in paving the way for learning, creativity, and innovation for leaders and teams. Reframing, the process of reinterpreting the meaning of event and situations, is an effective strategy that can help leaders and their teams regulate their reactions to emotionally charged experiences.
According to Anette Prehn, scientists say that reframing ought to be in the water we drink. Anette shares a three-step method – Framestorm – for how to deliberately change our interpretations and perspectives and direct our attention to what creates resourcefulness.
Anette is a pioneer of applied neuroscience and NeuroLeadership, turning the cutting-edge insights of neuroscience into down-to-earth tools. She is a social scientist (M.A.), leadership trainer, motivational speaker and professional certified coach (PCC). She recently published in “The NeuroLeadership Journal 2012” and is the author of three books. One of Anette’s books is “Play Your Brain”, which was published by Marshall Cavendish in 2011 and is currently being translated into Chinese. During the last eight years, Anette’s leadership development company worked with two of the Top 5 biggest Nordic companies – and Denmark’s Top 3 banks – and has clients such as LEGO, Roche, Vestas, The European Environment Agency, and The Malmö Symphonic Orchestra.
In this interview, I ask Anette the following questions:
- You are an expert on what is called reframing – could you tell us more about what that is?
- What’s the background for developing the framestorm method?
- So what is this method about? Would you give us an overview?
- Give us an example of how leaders can apply the method to manage a leadership challenge
- What are the neuroscience underpinnings of the model?
- What feedback are you getting from leaders who are applying the model?
- How can the audience learn more about the model?
- How can audience find out more about you and contact you?
Links and Contact Information:
- Website: http://anetteprehn.com/
- Linked In: Anette Prehn
- Udemy: The Neuroscience of Reframing – And How To Do It
- Neuroleadership Article: Create reframing mindsets through Framestorm
Additional Resources from Anette: